Monday, October 08, 2007

Welcome, Cox & Forkum fans

I want to thank Allen Forkum again for linking me to his and John Cox's great website. As with all of you, the news that they packed it in hit me hard. I relied on their inimitable take on the days events during this war and I already miss the hell out of their work. But, as I wrote to Allen, I expect them to make a dramatic return because the events that are coming will make their blood boil enough to Have to respond artistically on a regular basis again. They do deserve a break, but I'd bet it's not a permanent one.


wholebrainer said...

"Don't it always seem to go,
That you don't know what you got till it's gone..."

That about sums my feelings on this matter up. I was never a regular-enough reader, and now, well, the volumes they've compiled of their past work will have to do...for now, as you say.

Bosch Fawstin said...

I really believe they'll be back, Their kind of work demands a lot of passioniate thought and I don't think they can fully turn that off, at least in the long run, no matter what circumstances they currently find themselves in.