Tuesday, September 22, 2009

THE SYMBOL


Killian Duke, hero of my graphic novel, The Infidel, stepping out with his Pigman t-shirt.

Once more, Pigman's chest symbol mainly signifies 9-11. The left side of the red 'S', together with the left tower makes out a 9, with both towers making out an 11, for 9-11. Also, the 'S' can stand for September with the towers as 11. Another image the symbol makes is the dollar sign, since Pigman is most definitely a Capitalist Pig. And in the old superhero tradition, S is also for Super. I also have two small dents on the right tower, meant to be a 3, that along with the 9 makes for 93, which is meant as an homage for the heroes of flight 93, but can also be be taken as acknowledging the first WTC attack on 1993. Pigman also has a scarred pentagon on his right shoulder, because I think we tend to forget about the losses at the Pentagon on 9-11.

3 comments:

revereridesagain said...

I couldn't find the symbol sticker on your cafepress website and I need a new one because the one on the back of my car is fading. Are they still available?

This one would make a great sticker as well.

RRA

Bosch Fawstin said...

Thanks, and I just put back up Pigman's chest symbol at Cafepress, both white and black backgrounds

Mike Thompson said...

Can't wait to chat this week to see how things are, my friend. This looks excellent. Looking forward to more as time permits.