Saturday, September 03, 2011

DEATH STAR wars


















"A movie is never finished, only abandoned."

Oh, they're finished, Lucas. 

If I still had a passion for Star Wars, I'd be up in arms about the new, absolutely unnecessary and questionable changes that Lucas is adding/subtracting to/from his Star Wars films in the Blu(it) Ray editions. To those who bring it up, of Course he has every Right to do whatever the hell he wants with his films..... like drive them off the cliff. Han not shooting first in Star Wars, Luke screaming after he makes his fateful decision in Empire, Vader saying "Nooooooo" again, now in Returns....I loved them as a kid, but after 3 time-killing prequels, Lucas has found a way to poison the old ones with all of this minutiae as well. Tusken Raiders of the Lost Soul - could be a title for a Lucas biopic.

3 comments:

Damien said...

Bosch,

Why is he making so many changes to his classic films? I can understand some of the changes he made in the special addition, but after that, I don't understand why he wasn't satisfied with it, and just let it go. Its not like his long time fans like us, are going to want him to make radical changes to the stories they love so much.

Bosch Fawstin said...

I don't know what he's thinking or if he's thinking at all. I was a passionate Star Wars fan and I'm not anymore, part due to the lack of passion Lucas has shown for his own creation these days.

Damien said...

Bosch,

You maybe right. I just found out about this new Dialog he'll be addint to The Return of the Jedi.

Why George, why?

LOL!