Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Bane's Voice

My take on The Dark Knight Rises teaser trailer, from the 59 second mark...
Will Bane's voice be the bane of the film? (UPDATE: Nolan has clearly clarified Bane's voice, though I didn't catch every word he said, he was understandable in the actual film) I was able to figure out what Bane said in the trailer, after a few listens, (couldn't make out the word "ashes" in it at first) but I understood about 1/3rd of what he said in the prologue that's playing in front of Mission: Impossible in IMAX, appropriately, since the ability to understand Bane is Impossible.





















As someone tweeted: "The Dark Knight Rises prologue was really great, especially when Bane spoke the soon-to-be-classic line: 'Mmrbl ffmrff hmrbblfmm."'

And from a friend: "my fav bane line was 'hdghfdgh ghhfdddrf hhjg?'

And to Christopher Nolan, from one movie to another...

6 comments:

darnoconrad said...

I had no problem understanding either trailer.

Bosch Fawstin said...

B.S.

darnoconrad said...

I really didn't, but I listened to a different Bane version than the one you linked to which was low quality, and therefore the sound was worse. But I really did hear everything said the first time. I do see how some might have a problem with it. Personally, I would find it more frightening if they made him perfectly clear, just like his intent to destroy.

Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gFwvozMHR4

Bosch Fawstin said...

There's a SOWdi rat who has visited my blog under different names, you might be him, so I will not go to your link. If you're not him: Did you watch the prologue that they showed in IMAX in front of Mission Impossible? That's the one where I don't think anyone could have understood everything Bane said, including the actor if he saw it himself months after shooting. It was that muffled.

darnoconrand said...

Batcrap, you got me! & islam means peace.

No I haven't seen it, maybe you can link to it?

If you don't trust my link then search youtube for "The Dark Knight Rises - Official Trailer #2 [HD]" make sure you set to something 720p or higher, I find a significant difference in sound quality.

Bosch Fawstin said...

The prologue is the one that caused a stir about how unclear Bane was, but I gather Nolan cleared things up in the end.