Wednesday, May 09, 2012

THE INFIDEL 2: From Pencils to Inks to Colors

I'm in the final stage before releasing THE INFIDEL chapter two and I wanted to show you one panel in three stages. After I'm done writing/rewriting, I visualize the entire story in pencil on bristol board paper. After that, I hand write all of the lettering onto the board (I will move to digital lettering soon), then I ink all of the pages - I ink Killian's pages in pen and markers and Pigman's pages in brush with india ink. Then I scan all of the inked pages and color the book digitally through photoshop.

The below drawing is of Salaam Duka, Born-Again Muslim. He just heard something he doesn't want to hear from one of his girlfriends.














For new readers of my blog, here's a short description of my story: THE INFIDEL is about twin brothers Killian Duke and Salaam Duka whose Muslim background comes to the forefront of their lives on 9/11. Killian responds to the atrocity by creating a counter-jihad superhero comic book called PIGMAN, as Salaam fully surrenders to Islam. Pigman's battle against his archenemy SuperJihad is echoed by the escalating conflict between the twins.

1 comment:

I.M Fletcher said...

You should go promote your work over at the new Liberate Liberty site - it's free!

http://www.liberateliberty.com/2012/04/27/launching-liberate-liberty/#more-90

MORE

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2012/05/12/end-occupation-liberate-liberty