Saturday, June 22, 2013

Mobster Monster

The Great actor, James Gandolfini, died the other day at 51 years old. He, along with The Sopranos creator, David Chase, created one of the most compelling monsters in fiction with mob boss Tony Soprano. The image below is from the scene in the opening of the episode "Kennedy and Heidi', from season 6, episode 18. To me, it's THE signature shot of the series, showing you in one moment, one visual, who Tony Soprano is, as he sees the perfect opportunity to take care of a long time headache of his and acts on it. I cannot imagine The Sopranos without James Gandolfini and it would not have been as great a show without him. He will be missed.


2 comments:

X said...

You really captured that 'moment' every fan remembers.

Bosch Fawstin said...

Thanks, but while I did initially intend to illustrate that moment myself, I decided to use the actual shot from the episode, though I sharpened it in photoshop. I wanted it to be Instantly recognizable, and a drawing may have gotten in the way of that.