Thursday, December 19, 2013

Debating Yaron Brook on Naming the Enemy's Ideology

Tomorrow, Fri. Dec. 20, I will debate/discuss the terminology we should use to name the enemy with Yaron Brook, president of the Ayn Rand Institute, on Amy Peikof's show, who will moderate it. I've written about this a number of times, most specifically in my piece "Calling Islam "Islam"", and tomorrow, I get to do so with someone who I admire, but who I've disagreed with about this since day one. I'm really looking forward to it. You can chime in live via chat room or by calling in tomorrow between 12-2pm Pacific time here

Here's Amy Peikoff on tomorrow's show:

"In the tradition of friendly debates among Objectivists, the second hour of tomorrow’s show will be a discussion between our own Bosch Fawstin and Yaron Brook about the terminology we should use to refer to the enemy’s ideology. Those of you who have heard my appearances as a guest host for Tammy Bruce may recall that I interviewed Leonard Peikoff about this topic in June. I’ve isolated that segment of the interview, which you can listen to here, in advance of tomorrow’s show. You may also want to read Bosch’s piece, “Non-Muslim Muslims and the Jihad Against the West,” in which Bosch lays out his case."


No comments: