Sunday, January 11, 2015

What if Marvel Comics Had Balls?

Even in the wake of the horrific attack on cartoonists in France, Marvel has nothing to say about it, has no plans for a tribute, so I doubt they'll get off their knees any time soon and Finally fight Jihad through their comics. Captain America was the first superhero who shot to my mind on 9/11 and here's a Big What If I've had in mind since that day. A friend on Twitter responded to a tweet of mine about Marvel's Islamophilia and sparked me to visualize this.  ("What If?" used to be a Marvel comic book and my drawing below is an homage to Jack Kirby's cover for Captain America #1)




5 comments:

AE said...

Refreshing, needed, and the way things ought to be. Great job, Bosch!

Joe Maurone said...

Hah, you should dedicate it to Stan Lee, who once said "you couldn't have Captain America going around punching Muslims today, it wouldn't work, it would be silly."

Hail Hydra, Stan...

Bosch Fawstin said...

Thank you

Bosch Fawstin said...

:)

IM guy said...

This would be a fantastic piece of artwork to own! It will be worth a lot of money one day.

Have you ever done one with Neo [The Matrix]? I would LOVE to see Neo punching a terrorist in the face. Perhaps knocking over a whole group of them like bowling pins with one punch.

Thank you. You inspire me.